Friday, September 24, 2004

Belgains, Beer and Cowboy Hats

So, the plan tonight originally was to go to the Roadhouse. Well, that didn’t happen, just as I was about to leave, I got a call from Cameron saying that we were going to Cowboys. Apparently Dave knew some people who were going to Cowboys so off it was for Cowboys. So I was the first to arrive because I was driving, so went in and went to my usual spot. I just people watched for a bit and then I saw some people from school that I knew. And then Dave grabbed my shoulders and yelled wassup buddy? Caught me off guard and yeah, it was just Dave, Cameron and myself. So walked around for a bit, and then went and sat on the couches upstairs. Had a smoke and ordered a tray of draft. I was already working on a beer. So I didn’t really drink the heroine beer at all. So yeah, Dave and Cameron drank lots, and then they ordered a second round and then went off to go look for the people they knew. So after a while they came back and the tray arrived. So introductions were done all around. Met another girl named Kim, another girl and that girls boyfriend. So I talked with him for a while. Turns out he is from Dalhousie in Nova Scotia so we talked about the Maritimes for a while. Kim had lost her cell phone so she and that other girl were off looking for it and I had no idea where Cameron and Dave were. So that other Maritimes guy was really nice, he had beein in Calgary all of four weeks, so he was going to the U of C, and was having a great tie here. But I mean the population of Calgary is the exact same as the entire population of Nova Scotia, so of course there is going to be a lot more to do here. Kim and them came back, talked with her for a while. And then Cameron grabbed me. Dave was off with some other people, so us two went to the bar. But not before Dave gave me his cowboy hat to wear. Which reminds me, Cameron and Dave had both shown up wearing Cowboy hats. Anyways, I didn’t want anything to drink, so Cameron got his beer. I ran into the people I knew from school, said hello but I really didn’t like them to begin with so I left pretty much right away. I had to use the washroom, so I went downstairs, Cameron had to go to, so yeah. I still find it odd to have a chat with someone while taking a piss. I dunno if its just me, but I find not uncomfortable, but just weird. So yeah, while waiting to wash the hands, Cameron began talking to this guy. Turns out he had won the Fear No Beer competition earlier so that was really cool. He had unlimited draft all night, and he was off to the finals for something. So finished the washroom and headed to the bar. Dave then found us, so we all had a half glass of draft. After that said thanks to the guy and we were off again. Dave found some people he knew, so he began talking to them. I turned around and began talking to the guy beside me, I had no clue who he was, but yeah. Turns out he was from Belgium, and there was a group of the at Cowboys that night. So that was cool. He introduced me to the rest of them, and they constantly had rounds of draft coming in. So then Cameron began to talking to them too, or maybe we both started talking to them at the same time. I dunno, I wasn’t really paying attention. So that was really cool to be talking to them. And they kept handing me beer and I had to keep turning it down. In the time I was there, at least three trays came. It was insane, I payed for one of them, only because Cameron kept drinking so much. But they kept calling me cowboy because of the hat and because I live in the country. I thought it was rather entertaining. So lots of pictures were taken, hey, maybe I can get a few of them off of them. I sit beside one of them in the library a lot so maybe he can send me a few. More pictures! Excellent. Anyways, so some line dancing songs came on, so I went off and danced to them. Twas quite fun indeed. Made a complete ass out of myself while I was trying to learn them. Anyways after they were finished, I went back to the table and talked to them some more. My god I love Belgians. Free beer, good times…no, great times! Anyways after that it was time to leave, Dave was so messed up so we had to leave. So the original plan of meeting some girls didn’t happen, and I brought this up on the drive home with them, yeah I was dropping Cameron and Dave off at their respective homes. And they were like, well, we are too messed to have done anything anyways, so it was a guys night out. Came there only with guys, and left only with guys. I just snickered. Guys night out…hahahaaaa….what a great night out. So we stopped at Wendy’s on the way back, Dave was kind enough to pay for Cameron’s and my food. So Cameron got like three junior bacon cheeseburgers, I had two, and dave got three junior bacon cheese burgers and two biggie fries and a drink. Oh that was great. I parked and ate my food and then went off driving. It was a nice night out, so I had the sunroof open. I still had the plates in the backs eat from the previous week from the pizza at outlaws, so Cameron was biting them and ripping them apart and then was tossing the pieces out the roof. And he did this with other utensils and random pieces of garbage. He then asked me if I wanted my shoes, and I was like YES! So he didn’t toss them out of the roof. And then he wanted to know if it was alright if my textbooks went out. I didn’t answer and just glared at him in the mirror, he took the hint and just laughed. Dave was having a grand time eating and drinking his food. And then Cameron found my water bottle and he decided to pour some of it out the sunroof. That didn’t work too well as it all came back in through the roof. It just poured down on all of us, there was water everywhere, my hair was soaked, the chair was wet, Dave was soaked, and so was Cameron’s pants. So I yelled at him and asked what he was doing, and I pulled over. The only thing he did was he showed me the water bottle, and then he grinned and said, “How the hell did that much water make us so wet?” The level of water in the bottle, which had been full, wasn’t even halfway down the domed top. So like hardly any water had actually come out, yet we were all soaked. That became a point of ponderance as we all wondered aloud how the hell we were so wet. So I dropped Dave off, Cameron jumped out and went and used his bathroom. I tried to make an attempt at cleaning the water but it was just about useless. Cameron came back and we were off for his place. Just talked about random stuff and planned out the next night. Anyways, dropped him off, he thanked me for the ride, and I was off for home. It was a nice ride, except for the fact I was wet. Ah well. It was a really fun night, and that is all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home