Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The best game you can name is the Good ol Hockey Game!

Hockey. Need I say more? I think not. So today was the final game of the World Cup of Hockey series, which unfortunately looks as though it is going to be the last bit of hockey for a while. Anyways, so earlier in the day I called up Dianna seeing if she was interested in going to watch the game somewhere, she was game, and I also messaged Cameron as well, and he said he’d stop by later. So anyways I showed up at the Rat and Parrot at around 5:40, bloody Calgary traffic, curses. Anyways, Dianna was already there, so I joined her, I just ordered some sprite and some fries so that was alright. The game was pretty good. It wasn’t anything crazy so that was kinda saddening. But oh well. So this time around I was actually able to watch the game as there were hardly any distractions, ie people talking. But I still don’t know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. So Dianna and I just had some small chit chat going on, nothing too special. Then sometime later Cameron showed. Yeah he just drank MGD all night (surprise surprise) anyways, game went on, small chit chat. Oh, yeah, texted the Sherrif a few times while she was at work, that was fun. I think the high light of the evening (other than Canada winning the tournament) was the off the cuff remark that Cameron gave during a commercial. So this commercial that was on the tv was about people hitting a gas tank at a gas station, and the price displayed falling by like 20 cents a litre. Anyways, at one point a lady driving a corvette hit the tank and she burst out laughing, and I said, if you could afford to drive a corvette, one would think you would really care what the rpice of gas is. Then Cameron piped up, “You would think if you could afford to drive a corvette, you would think you could afford the liposuction in order to fit into the corvette.” Omigod I laughed so hard after he said that. It was just so blunt it was great. And the lady wasn’t even that “oversized” ah well. Stayed for a bit, but left when the suits started blabbing into the camera. So I headed off into the sunset. Twas a fun evening indeed. A bit more tame than usual though. Meh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home